World Child International has placed over 3,000 children since its founding in 1981.
Our staff, from Executive Director - on down, is available for assistance at any time. We will guide you through the entire adoption process and continue to be available even after the adoption has been completed. We are proud of our compassionate World Child family!
With all the complexities of adoption it is stressful having unanswered questions. World Child is always available to address your concerns in a timely manner, and assist you throughout the entire process so that you never feel like you are on your own.
One of the best measures of an agency’s ability to represent you is the way in which they deal with problems. When issues arise in the middle of the night or while overseas, you can reach out to us for help - 24 hours a day. Problems will be dealt with promptly and efficiently.
Our overseas coordinators are among the most knowledgeable in their respective countries. After meeting you at the airport they will direct you through the entire adoption process to make your experience run as smoothly as possible.
About World Child
The World Child International Corporation (World Child) is a licensed, nonprofit adoption agency founded by Sherrell Goolsby in 1981, and has proudly placed more than 3,000 children into loving homes throughout the US, and with American families living abroad. As of 2012, the agency is under new ownership with Chief Executive Officer Inna Pecar, who also runs KidsFirst Adoption. Pecar attained a Masters in Education in Ukraine and a Masters in Social Work from Indiana University. Her devotion to children is evident to all families who work with her, as she strives tirelessly to assure the success of each adoption. Pecar personally guides our adoptive families through an intensive and complete referral review process that results in great placement success.
Our list of services include the following:
- Orientation meetings for those desiring to find out more about our domestic and international adoption programs.
- Seminars on adoption-related issues, such as attachment, bonding, and travel preparation.
- Preparation of the home study for families located in Maryland.
- Preparation of the dossier package of documents required in finalizing an adoption.
- Identification, matching, and referral of children with prospective parents.
- Referrals to doctors and international specialists known for their expertise in evaluating children borne from institutional settings.
- Experienced overseas coordinators to lead families through the process, and address international concerns/needs.
- Ongoing support for adoptive families after placement.
Currently, World Child operates a domestic adoption program as well as international adoption programs in Bulgaria and Ukraine. World Child can also provide families with home study and citizenship-related legal adoption services if adopting through another agency. For families outside the State of Maryland, World Child is able to act as your primary placement agency and refer you to licensed home study professionals in your state of residency.